ROR Power is well positioned for profitable growth through power generation initiatives that include its 25 MW Skookum Creek Power Project, awarded an Electricity Purchase Agreement by BC Hydro in 2010. ROR Power’s total development potential of 715 MW represents a significant opportunity to help BC meet its rising demand for clean, sustainable power and achieve energy self sufficiency by 2016.
All revenue is presently generated by the Brandywine Creek facility under a 20 year Energy Purchase Agreement with BC Hydro.
The stock is listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol ROR.
The market capitalization is determined multiplying the number of shares outstanding by the current price of a share.
Access www.marketwatch.com and the symbol ROR. Click on market history for the history of the stock price.
Please contact Khalid Amlani, our Chief Financial Officer, at 604-946-9232 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Kirsten Langan, our Communications Director, at 604-946-9232 or at email@example.com and request to be placed on our circulation list.
The transfer agent is CIBC Mellon.
ROR Power is an attractive investment for several reasons:
1) The company builds environmentally friendly sources of electricity.|
2) Brandywine Creek is already up and running and producing energy for BC Hydro today.
3) The stock price has been hurt in the recent economic downturn which makes it an attractive price to build an investment position.
4) ROR Power's projects tend to create relatively predictable sources of cash flow. Some investors liken this predictability of cash flow to an annuity which can be a nice addition to an investment portfolio.
A run-of-river power facility, including the penstock and associated transmission line would generally take 18 - 24 months to construct. However in the case of our Brandywine Creek power station, we were able to build the project in just over 12 months.
The cost to build a run-of-river hydroelectric facility will vary depending on the terrain that has to be accessed and the length of the transmission lines required to carry the electricity to the power grid. In broad terms, the cost is approximately $2 million per MW. In the case of our company, we have carefully selected projects that are close to Vancouver, and rivers that are close to each other, in order to save on the costs of both transmission lines and power houses. In some cases we may even contract to share the transmission line of another independent power producer who has already spent the money to build the transmission line.
Typically the financing of these projects will be a combination of debt and equity. A run-of-river project can often finance up to 80% of the cost. The balance would then consist of a combination of cash from the company or an equity financing in the public markets for the remaining 20%. These projects are built at the point that there is a known buyer for the power. In the case of our Brandywine Creek project, we have a 20 year contract with BC Hydro to buy Brandywine's power. The terms of this type of financing can be very attractive as there is a relatively predictable cash flow to service the debt.
The term diluted shares refers to the total number of shares that would be outstanding if all possible sources of conversion, such as convertible bonds and stock options, were exercised.